Your privacy rights
You have the right to:
- Know why AC collects, holds, or uses your personal information.
- Access your personal information held by us and seek corrections where warranted.
- Expect your personal information to be handled only according to the provisions of the Australian Privacy Principles and not used for any other purpose than the ones to which you have consented.
- Know whom to contact should you have any questions about how your personal information is being handled.
- Expect your personal information to be kept secure.
- Expect AC to destroy your personal information when requested or when it is no longer required for the consented purpose, but within the provisions of the law.
- Complain to AC about how it handles your personal information.
- Withdraw your consent at any time by writing to us.
AC is committed to treating the personal information we collect in accordance with the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) (from Schedule 1 of the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, which amends the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
The solicited personal information we collect
We collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide this information to us. However, AC collects, holds and uses personal information for a number of purposes including:
- to provide services;
- to respond to enquiries;
- to mail your book purchases;
- to follow up with you via email;
- for keeping you informed of opportunities;
- for administrative purposes;
- for conducting surveys;
- for seeking feedback;
- for complying with any legislated or regulatory data collection and storage obligations.
Generally we receive your personal information from you directly (for example, when you enquire about our services over the phone, when you send us correspondence (including email), when you complete a form, or when you subscribe to our newsletter or blog).
If you choose to provide us with personal information, as in an email address or via a Contact Us form, we may use this information to improve our service to you, or to respond to your request, or to send you an offer from time to time. Except for authorised law enforcement investigations, we do not share our email with any other outside organisations.
AC may also use your personal information for the purpose of marketing its services. If you do not want to receive marketing material from us, you can contact us via email at email@example.com; or through our contact form.
Links to Other Sites
Restriction of Liability
Adaptus Consulting makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this website and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this website.
No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents of this website or its hyperlinks to other Internet resources.
Reference in this website to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favouring by Adaptus Consulting.
If you believe any of our activities breach the Australian Privacy Principles, you should first email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Privacy Complaint”.
We will respond to your complaint within 30 calendar days. If you feel that we have not adequately addressed your complaint, or you receive no response after 30 calendar days, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Please see the guide on their website for more details:
How to contact Adaptus Consulting
31 Rachelle Road
Melbourne VIC 3000
Phone: 03 9448 2323